Advice for Travellers
- Don’t take photos of prohibited facilities such as military& police bases. Also in case taking photos of local people, ask them beforehand so that they may not feel embarrassed.
- Wear decent cloths and avoid exposing too much such as knees and shoulders.
HEAT STROKE, SUN STROKE
- In Bagan temperature is high and sunshine is strong. When going out, stay frequently hydrated and avoid sunshine by hats and sunscreens.
- Don’t touch monks.
- There are a few all-male facilities.
SHOES & SOCKS
- Take off your shoes & socks when entering temples and pagodas.
- Please do not dispose wastes at sightseeing sites, and bring them back to your hotelsinstead.
- There are several areas where entrance permissions are required. Pay attention to the notices.
- Both stray and domestic dogs do not get vaccinated against rabies. Be careful not to be bitten.
One of the most outstanding characteristics of Bagan heritages is that they are "Living heritages". As we have inherited these significant cultural and religious heritages from our ancestors, we are responsible to preserve them for our future generations.
Please follow the rules and manners when visiting heritage sites including "Dos and Don'ts".
At the same time please try not to damage the heritages by;
- avoiding setting bikes and e-bikes against temples and pagodas
- preventing temples and pagodas from wearing off by touching the surface of the temples and pagodas too much, especially by sitting on them
We appreciate your cooperation.
- Heritage sightseeing in hot weather can be exhausting. Especially midday temperature and sunshine can distress you not only in the hot season but also in the dry season.
- Do not set a tight schedule and take a good rest in the afternoon. Instead, start exploring in early morning may be a good idea.
- Bring enough water anytime to avoid dehydration.
- Be careful of traffic accidents, especially driving e-bikes. When riding on e-bikes, helmets should be worn at any time. Wearing long-sleeved shirt and long pants are strongly advisable.
- Watch out when you are on temples and pagodas. Fatal fall and accidents have occurred. Mind your steps especially when taking photographs.
- It's recommended to take necessary precautions when travelling by motor vehicles or boats which may cause danger to life.
- Only specified licensed motor can be driven. To take precaution against any car accidents due to certain minister predation of the traffic rules in Myanmar it is recommended to refrain from self driving.